There is hardly a woman who does not know that wearing short skirts, low necklines and gaudy fabrics is inappropriate in the workplace. However, such a view is common in most offices. Why? Because most women love to attract male attention. If your goal is to develop professionally, this weakness can play a bad joke. If your colleagues start to think you’re a sexual object, all your professional qualifications will be underestimated. Check out our tips:
- Be beautiful in the workplace, but not so challenging. Jacket and trousers with perfect cuts are timeless classics for business. Let lines highlight your body, but not to expose it. You can afford a small detail that reveals your personality – embroidery, interesting cuff or collar.
- For the way in which you are perceived is important not only style, but also the quality of your clothing. The more simple is the clothing, the more the fabric and workmanship are important. And if you aspire to a high position, cheap clothes and lack of taste will relentlessly undermine your credibility. By the way, when you perform your house cleaning, you may choose the oldest clothes. This is not valid for your workplace, you know that.
- Gaudy accessories. Incorrectly chosen accessories can become your worst enemies. Huge plastic jewelry in neon colors give a cheap look even at the most stylish lady. Better choose a simple, yet high quality jewelry. Small pearl earrings, exquisite clock and simple scarf are timeless classic for sophisticated businesswoman.
- Bag and shoes can also become a stumbling block for your impeccable appearance. Large saddlebags are very practical for the end of tenancy cleaners, but unfortunately you will create bad image in the office. The best solution is a bag with discrete dimensions and clean lines that fit your style.
- You will have to give up also fancy sandals with thin straps and replace them with simple shoes with an average height. The basic rules are – no fingers shown, no extreme heights, no equal soles.
Follow these tips for your business style and you won’t make a mistake However, the most important rule is to comply with the dress code in your own company.